Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Thursday, April 23, 2015

An Update

I have been bac from my trip to Vietnam and Cambodia for a little over two weeks now. I've been slow at posting because I currently have no work and find myself laying around myself doing nothing all day. It's honestly not something I particularly enjoy, but it's better than going out and spending money just because I want something to do. Which means I spend my days watching YouTube or Netflix or attempting to read (but that mainly leads to falling asleep when I am home). This is welcome for a few days and then I just start hating myself for being a lazy drain on society.

I mainly feel restless, the trip overseas has awoken the travel bug inside me once again and all I want to do is go out and see what amazing things the world has to offer me. I'll get started on some actual posts about my time in Vietnam and Cambodia, but those will likely take a while to write up. So I'm writing this update so that y'all know I haven't forgotten, I am just not busy, which means I can't get anything done. I guess I am an "all-or-nothing" sort of person.

I love you.
Actually, I think it's more like I just cannot get anything productive done in my apartment unless I really, really have to. Today I lugged my laptop to Starbucks and am using their WiFi (because Japan doesn't believe in public WiFi, already missing Vietnam and Cambodia in that regard!) and it's the only place that really has it. So here I am with an amazingly delicious chocolate chip cookie Frappacino (I've given up coffee! It makes me energetic in a creepy way) jamming to the weirdest mix of music, I guess it's their "world mix" but it randomly has English songs that I recognize so the atomsphere is just very strange and ever-changing.

There are a few things coming up that I am looking forward to. Spring is starting in Hokkaido, finally, and we will have sakura blooming in the next week, which means hanami (flower viewing parties)! This is probably my favorite time because everything just gets really beautiful and full of color after months and months of white. Hokkaido acutally gets the sakura a month after the rest of Japan, so it's something that I wait for anxiously while seeing my friends on other islands enjoying the flowers while it's still snowing here. Though, the sakura usually correspond with Golden Week, which is a string of national holidays that usually equate to nearly a week of vacation time for (almost) every Japanese person, so I will have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the flowers with friends and drink under the falling pettles. Romantic!

Last year's hanami season.

The one thing I have been sort of productive with these last two weeks is the photographs I took while on vacation. Shortly before I left for Vietnam and Cambodia I bought myself a Nikon D3300 and I was able to get a number of great shots at the places we visited. I've gone through all the pictures and added my favorites to my "new" Flickr account! You can check it out below!


My cookie Frappacino has started to turn into mush, so I should focus on that instead of this before it becomes to gross to drink! I hope you are all having a great start to Spring! I'll try and get a post up about Vietam and Cambodia (maybe a few) ASAP. Enjoy the good weather because it'll be winter again before you know it!

Bonus shot of my writing station today. Whooooooo~










Oh god the bottom of this Frappacino is just really soggy cookie this is disgusting yet delcious. I am conflicted.

No comments :

Post a Comment